Thursday, February 11, 2010

My PJ story ...

Pajama bottoms are my weakness.  I have more PJ bottoms than brains.

Care Bears ... Snoopy ...  M&M Candy ... Winnie the Pooh ... I *heart* NY... ones with little teacups, ones with multi-coloured hearts, striped ones, ladybugs and it goes on! 

Do I think that the world is going to come to a crashing halt and the planet will run out of PJ bottoms?!!

I have ones that are too big (my prego PJ's) but I cannot seem to give them up ... I have ones that are too small -- on principle, I REFUSE to give them up!

If mac and cheese is my 'comfort food' ... PJ's are are my 'comfort clothes'! Not just for the obvious reason ... comfort ... but for emotional reasons too! When I am sick or sad ... when I come home from a bad day at work ... I am marching to find my comfy PJ's -- everything seems to get just a little bit better.
My PJ's tell my story.

Some have been in my life longer than the boys who bought them ... wrapped them up and put them under the Christmas tree with care. 

My PJ story includes late nights ... chatting with my best girlfriends while on overnight shopping trips ... laughing until we cried or crying until we laughed. 

Another chapter to my story ... I left a BAD four-year relationship at midnight on July 1st many years ago ... I drove to my parents house hoping not to get pulled over by the police!  Hard to explain the mascara running down my cheeks, the half-eaten carton of Peanut Butter & Chocolate Ice Cream and the Hello Kitty PJ's! 

Most recently ... I have ran outside to grab something from my car with my stripped pink PJ's and fuzzy socks on ... much to my husband's dismay!  I promised him never again ...

A classic moment in my story ... for Avery's first Halloween (she was a cute little mouse!) I got dressed up in my Minnie Mouse PJ's, put my hair in ponytails and strutted around Bayshore Shopping Centre.  I was trying to be the fun Mom!  Reality -- I looked like a jackass! 

What is a 39-year-old woman doing wearing PJ bottoms covered with cartoon dogs, wearing hats and scarves, downhill skiing?!  She is, in her own little way, holding on to every thread of being a girl!  Yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah

No comments:

Post a Comment