Saturday, February 20, 2010

Is it me ...

Is it me ... or are all the things that were supposed to make life easier, really making it easier? 

Cell phones, the blackberry, the Kindle, the laptop, hands-free calling device ... do they make life easier ... REALLY?!  Now I have to remember to plug everything in ... and to remember them ... period.  When I leave the house without my cell phone and I realize it ... I feel like I am in public without pants on! 

And now with hands - free cell devices everyone that looks in my car when I am driving thinks I am talking to myself ... and they want to send the men in the white suits with the 'special jacket' to get me!

Remember when you called someone and they didn't answer; you hung up and thought ... "they're not home, I'll call later".  Or better yet, you called and there was a busy sound ... beep, beep, beep.  You called back later then too. 

Is it me ... or is life too complicated now?! 
The Crockpot, the George Foreman Grill and the Panini machine ... the ice cube maker and the Majic Bullet.  What happened to a stove, a frying pan, an ice cube tray and a knife and a spoon??!  Don't even get me started about the SlapChop!

Is it me ... or is everything getting bigger? 

Our drug stores are the size of grocery stores, our grocery stores are the size of airport terminals and our airport terminals are the size of islands! 

Big slurpee, upsize me, Mcdouble it, jumbo, Costco ... hell and we wonder why our asses are getting bigger!

Is it me ... or is stuff getting too fast and impersonal? 

I found myself tapping my fingers impatiently waiting at the ABM for cash ... and sighing at the gas pump for the fuel to start - both, never talking to a soul. 

Is it me ... yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment