In 2005 I had a VERY bad dental experience!!!
The dentist screwed up and I was in the dental chair for close to five hours and when I was done looked like I had gone 3 rounds with Tonya Harding! The dentist sent flowers the next day - the card read "For your bravery and courage ... the Dental Office Staff".
I am petrified of the dentist -- always have been and always will be.
My dentist offered to fix the screw up ... I put it off having it fixed ... and put it off ... finally he said that he would fix it for free but before December 31, 2009.
So I sucked it up ... and made my appointment. I tried to be brave.
I had a pity-party but managed to get there in a good mood because they offered some type of new medication that puts you under, you don't remember a thing and it is safe. No needles to be put under. So I take them up on the sedation ... for the low, low price of $400. Yikes.
I go in and they give me this crap that tastes like a mint and I am gone to never-never land...
Skip forward to five hours later ... I remember driving in my husband's car and knowing something was wrong.
Here it is ... 30 minutes after they put me under a fire started in the dentist's office.
Smoke ... fire. And me in the dentist chair!
So of course I am out ... they put me in a chair and wheel me around like "Weekend at Bernie's".
Firefighters are all over the place (mad I missed that ...) ... the place is evacuated.
I am drooling like Kate Moss when the Dickie-Dee ice cream buggy drives by ... it is not pretty!
Then they call my husband to sit with me at another office close by ... he walks in to find some woman holding my head up and comforting me ... for TWO hours! He thinks she works for the dentist ... she was another patient! God bless her.
They call everyone -- cancel the appointments for the day and the next day.
Since I am out like a light ... they get permission from the fire department to bring me back in to finish the surgery!
While putting me back in the chair -- I sense that there is something wrong ...
Yeah something was wrong alright ... I went to the dentist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment