OK ... so I am doing this -- blogging! I turned 39 years old today and will be chronicling my journey to 40.
I am armed ... with eye cream (who knew that black circles appear under your eyes the day you turn 39) and with another book with the word 'Dummies' in the title. I am addicted to those books ... I have the Cooking for Dummies, Time Management for Dummies, Yoga for Idiots ... I am beginning to see a trend -- I buy the book and then it all stops, no cooking, wasting time and no downward dog!!
I vow that Blogging for Dummies will be different ...
Excited, scared, neutral ... all the words that describe how I feel about turning 40. I have a year to get comfortable with it. Some days I am petrified and some days I don't care. It is funny I don't feel 39 ... whatever that means. I remember my parents and their friends turning 40 ... it was a BIG deal. They spray painted the lawns with a big 4 - 0, there were a lot of flamingos and parties!
I am off to a bad start on the 39-thing ... I lost my car in the Michael's Craft store parking lot and walked around like a complete schmuck ... talking to myself. Then for a flash I thought ... now I know why my Mom ties a ridiculous flower to her atennae. OMG ... am I my Mother!??!
Well ... that is it for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it girl...you go!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying it already!!!
Hope you had a great day today. A. :)
Love it! The apple does not fall far from the tree my darling!!!!LOL
ReplyDeleteDon't I know it. You & your Mom are both very lucky to have each other. Çan't imagine what I would have missed if you both had not been in my life for the past 40+ years.
ReplyDeleteNow you are three female treasures instead of two.How great!